Monday, June 4, 2012

Another Look...

I haven't been through my old poetry file in awhile, but I came across this piece this evening.  It brought a huge smile to my face, so I thought I would share it again (it has been a few years).

"You"


At breakfast one morning I politely asked you to sit,
You smiled at me and took a seat.

I studied in the library by myself one night,
You brought a book and sat down next to me.

My eyes glazed over with thoughts flooding,
You noticed and asked me if I wanted to share.

Football games and group hangouts looked fun,
you turned to me and said "let's go!"

We were talking and I started to cry,
you wrapped your arms around me holding me tight.

I said I would never ballroom dance in front of others,
you took my hand and began teaching me the steps.

Walking up and down the sidewalks together over the years,
you always whistled while I always grinned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment