Loooooooong day! There was a point a few weeks ago where I began to worry that a teaching job was not in the cards this year. Now, I fully believe I will be teaching next year in either Kindergarten, Second Grade, or Fifth Grade. If it wasn't interesting enough with two potential schools then the third one has definitely added some flavor.
I had an interview with "School B" today and was pleasantly surprised by everything. I clammed up a bit in the beginning, but felt much better after a few laughs with the interview panel. I should hear something as early as tomorrow or as late as next Friday. My gut tells me that they will offer me the position.
What confuses this whole matter is "School C"!!. This was a school that I really liked from the moment that I viewed/read their webpage. I submitted my cover letter and resume knowing that this opening had gotten a huge number of hits. I didn't expect to hear anything from them. Well, obviously, I did (otherwise I wouldn't be talking about it) and it was extremely positive. The principal went as far as to say she would like to talk about the possibility of employment with them but first I needed to fill out the application. Great! Let me do that...oh, wait...it's not online (sigh). So, in the course of 24 hours of receiving it, I filled out the application, completed the short answer questions, and electronically sent EVERYTHING back. I can only hope that they don't drag their feet as I would LOVE to be there next year. Possible? Maybe. Likely? I just don't know.
School A has delayed making a decision at the board's request!
We'll see what happens...keep your fingers crossed!
M-sly




