Friday, September 2, 2011

All-Around

I am an avid USA gymnastics follower and have been for quite some time.  As a child, I always envisioned myself making the national team and then going on to the olympics.  I did take gymnastics for a short period of time as a young child but developed a fear of heights which made the beam almost impossible (sweaty palms, shaky legs, inability to really even move).  So, today, I vicariously live through different favorite gymnasts as they win lots of national/ olympic medals. 

In the sport of female gymnastics, you have four events to compete on- bars, beam, floor, and vault.  Most gymnasts are all-arounders who compete on all four events but some gymnasts especially these days are specialists (compete only on one or two events).    These gymnasts may be able to compete on all four events but tend to excel at one or two events. 

That being said, I have begun to think about teaching in that respect.  I LOVE working with children and I  LOVE teaching!!  As an all around teacher or an elementary general education teacher I have done very well and am very capable of fulfilling the duties well.  I have found though, that I am extremely passionate about teaching Math and Reading/Language Arts, so I am slowly approaching the crossroads of perhaps becoming a Math or Reading Specialist.  It wouldn't take much more education as I have already done most of the legwork and have already obtained my M.Ed. 

Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment