A little over three weeks ago I applied, interviewed, and was hired as a "Nanny" for a private family in Easton. I care for their 17 month old little girl during the week from 7-3. I couldn't have asked for a sweeter child nor a nicer family!!
I certainly did not set out (originally) to obtain this position. I am a product of what they are now calling the "Forgotten Generation" or those 20 somethings who are college educated with a Master's degree and cannot obtain jobs due to current economic woes. Before obtaining this postion, I had put in over 100 applications for teaching positions and government jobs. I have not heard a single word about any of those positions and learned that one of the school counties had over 43,000 applicants (yes, 43,000!). I know of two other young ladies in my position who hold all the proper credentails in Education but have turned to Nannying during this period of time.
Some say this child is blessed to have me, but I think I am more blessed to have her! Children aren't for the faint of heart and my love only grows deeper for them!
I am glad that you found this blessing! It is a tough market out there for sure!
ReplyDelete